- • Scalable to fit any size uptake.
- • Offers IR Protection to approximately 50° above the horizon.
- • Level 3 IR suppression with a 95% reduction in the gas turbine exhaust infra-red signature.
- • Simple design for ease of integration.
- • Basis for Level 4 IR suppression.
The Eductor/Diffuser is used to provide IR signature suppression of the exhaust gas and uptake metal for gas turbines, diesel engines, and diesel generators. The device mounts directly to the uptake and is normally fully enclosed within the exhaust funnel. The uptake metal is cooled to within 25 degrees C of ambient and the plume temperature is reduced to below 250 degrees C.
The Eductor/Diffuser consists of three main components: the ejector nozzle, the mixing tube, and the multi-ring entraining diffuser. The nozzle acts as an air-air ejector, pumping ambient air into the device. This ambient air mixes with the exhaust gases in the mixing tube, exiting at a much reduced average temperature. Finally, ambient air is naturally entrained in through the gaps of the diffuser, providing film cooling of the diffuser rings.
Eductor/Diffuser benefits include: